Now that it’s Spring, it’s time to fix your life…
I keep seeing everyone talking about how they need to start “spring cleaning” but I feel like people only use this time of the year for their home when we should REALLY be using it to fix our life. Ladies, this is our season and it’s time to take it to the next level. We are doing all things with intention and the end result is to be productive while practicing self-care. Below are the steps to take to fix your life!
Fix your life and your workspace…
This is an area that hits home immensely for me because I have a very relaxed and flexible work environment at my 9-5. My boss allows us to set our own schedule which is AWESOME, but it has caused me to be all over the place. I’ve realized that a big part of why I’m feeling so drained is because I have not been organized.
- Set up a set schedule for arrival to work, lunch, and departure.
- Schedule key times to be productive each day, be sure to allow time to take mental breaks.
- Clean your desk, scan those files or update that activity board in between taxing tasks.
- Keep your work-related goals visible.
Fix your life and your home…
- Rid your closet with items that you didn’t wear last spring and you know you’re aren’t going to wear this year. Remember, if you monetize your closet, donate, or do both, it’s a win-win!
- Organize your house and remove anything that is causing clutter. Believe it or not, having a cluttered home can cause anxiety, which is the exact opposite of what you need to be productive.
Fix your life and your mind…
- Remove all bad energy, PERIOD! Evaluate your relationships. One thing that we fail to realize is that it is ok, categorize people in your life personally and professionally. This can be uncomfortable but necessary. Remove all who do not MATCH your energy, MATCH your effort, or MATCH your value add.
- No means, no. Remember, it’s ok to protect your energy AND your mental health by saying no sometimes. Don’t overextend yourself because you can’t pour from an empty cup. Recharging is vital, even for us STRONG INDEPENDENT SISTERS!
- Get organized and prioritize! Not having a clear plan for your day to day activities is really adds stress believe it or not. Pick a day out of the week where you are free from distraction to plan out your week. Next, try having your plan visible in multiple places so that it becomes the norm.
Remember sis, you’re not perfect and that’s ok. Take time out to care for yourself and fix your life! Did you find this guide helpful? I’d love to hear from you, comment below or send me an email by clicking the “Chat With Me” tab under About Me”. Until next time, I’m manifesting luv, enjoy.