The burnout is real…
Did you guys here the news? According to this CNN article, burnout is an official medical condition that is related to employment and unemployment. As a new blogger and HR professional, I have been pushing myself to grind so hard. My mantra for this year has been to pray, live, and dominate in all areas of life. I feel like I have almost mastered it, but have not created enough balance for myself.
I’ve been super empowered and honestly, I feel quite bossy slaying everything in my path from social circles, my relationship, my career, my blog, my faith, redesigning my apartment decor, and my future ventures I’m pursuing. Now, I feel like I’m crashing. My mood is not consistent and I’m struggling with focusing. As women, we are taught to push through and never show signs of weakness, but ladies, it is ok to admit you are experiencing burnout and you can take a break.
Questions to ask yourself…
- Do you experience feelings of energy depletion or exhaustion?
- Are you experiencing increased mental distance from your job or having negative feelings related to your job?
- Are you not performing at your highest potential at work or not motivated to meet your goals at work?
- Do you experience unexplained physical symptoms?
- Are you having trouble sleeping?
If you answered yes to 3 out of 5 then, you are either experiencing burnout or well on your way to it.
You’re burnt out, no what?
We now live in a culture where the mantra, hashtag, or meme that we see every day is targeting around hustling hard, grinding, or leveling up. People are so scared of falling below this “social norm”, that we compromise our self. You can’t ignore burnout, it is real and it is coming for you rather you like it or not. There are tons of ways to overcome burnout or even get ahead of it.
How to overcome burnout…
- Take some time off from work. Even if you can’t afford to go on an “actual vacation”. Hanging out by the pool or spending time outside of your normal environment counts.
- Start saying no more. If you remember my previous blog post “Fix Your Life” I talked about not overextending yourself and that recharging is vital. Putting yourself first is not selfish and don’t let anyone tell you it is.
- Try meditating or getting a full body massage. Both will help you release and free your mind.
- Go for a swim, if the weather permits. Swimming is also a way to relieve stress and it eases your mind.
- Reach out to old friends and spend time reconnecting to help take your stress away. By old friends, I mean the ones that were in your life before hashtags.
- Writing can be used as a way to release all the emotions you’re experiencing right now. Make a list of everything you’re burdened or overwhelmed by. If you can connect the burden to the emotion, it will help you establish what you are really burnt out from.
- Take a social media break. Going on a social media cleanse can be therapeutic, in fact, I plan on doing one soon.
Did you find this blog post helpful? I’d love to hear from you, comment below or send me an email by clicking the “Chat With Me” tab under “About Me”. Until next time, I’m manifesting luv, enjoy.