Prepare yourself, sis…
Are you in a fashion rut or nah? “Fly Girl Fall is in full effect, but some of yall are still stuck in “Hot Girl Summer”. Do you know how to transition your pieces into the new season or you just wear the same thing all year? If you’re like me, you have most likely worn all your favorite dresses and choice “lewks” all the way out. Now, it’s time to revamp your summer looks by incorporating some “Fly Girl Fall ” in the mix. If you know how to do this then you are one step ahead already. If none of this makes sense, then you REALLY need to read on because you may be in a fashion rut. Check out the rest of the blog to see if you have any of the “fashion rut” signs.
It’s about to get real, REAL
Are you in a fashion rut? Not sure? Here are a few more signs to tell if you’re in a fashion rut or worse the fashion sunken place:
1. You have taken the idea of having a “uniform” or “go to look” to a whole other level. Sis, you are not in private school nor do you work at a drive-thru, but you may be in a fashion rut. Disregard if you do work in a drive-thru and skip to sign two( insert awkward face here). Now, if you can’t remember the last time you stepped out to slay the weekend in something other than your favorite t-shirt, high waist denim jeans, and heels, then enough said.
Disclaimer: There is NOTHING wrong with working in a drive-thru nor am I judging anyone who does.
2. Your wardrobe consists of two, maybe three dominant clothing styles that are all different colors or patterns. You thought no one would notice but girl, we noticed.
3. You are a habitual outfit repeater. Example “Sunday Funday” is now synonymous with your low-key denim shift dress, that cute girl fit hat that everyone always compliments you on, and those dang chucks that you always wear. Now, I don’t know who needs to hear this but don’t wear that again for at least 3 months.
Slay Note: Creating an interchangeable look or “remixing” a look does not count.
4. Did that “bad & bougie” dinner invite pop up on your notifications and you instantly thought about that “classic” black dress you always wear? You know that ONE that hides your fupa. As a board member for the north Dallas Fupa Club, I get it but please, stop wearing that SAME dress everywhere to every event. This is the most glaring sign that you are in a fashion rut, by the way. In fact, you may be in the fashion sunken place.
5. Do you ever try to switch it up with your accessories? You can’t remember the last time you changed your handbag (and it shows), earrings, or worse, your hair. You may be in a fashion rut and the fashion sunken place.
Did you check off three or more? Do you feel personally attacked by Regina George?
( I love that movie, by the way) Join the club, we have all been there, just don’t stay there. You’re probably wondering, how do I get out of this fashion rut, right? Don’t worry, I got you sis. You can pick from either option below.
Click the link below and let’s schedule your FREE style consultation. Let’s get you out of that fashion rut we call the sunken place.
Subscribe to my blog to get full access to my virtual style catalog. There you will get visibility to all of my favorite fashion finds and my style lookbook that includes tips on how to style the pieces in the collection. This is normally a paid service that I’m gifting for FREE to my subscribers only.
Slay Tip: Check out my blog post on how to slay responsibly here!
Did you find this guide helpful? I’d love to hear from you, comment below or send me an email by clicking the “Chat With Me” tab under “About Me”.
Until next time, I’m manifesting luv, enjoy.